4.5.08

The Dress

So Dennis told me Richel blogs. And now I will too. Thanks Ho and Kumar.

With prom 3 weeks away and a date in the bag (haha), it's time to find THE dress. augh.

Things to avoid:

1) strategic belly rouching to hide tummy fat, because it's obvious what you're hiding.
2) metallic highlighter colors with a fake ASS tan. GROSS
3) slutty proportions. AKA short skirt, strapless. or cleavage AND booty. ew
4) itchy polyester
5) slits and tiaras

So with that said, here's what I'm looking at.

Nu Collective Sleeveless Chiffon Tiered Dress
$262.00
I really like this yellow and the tiers! But its so shapless. Not prommy?


BCBG Strapless Organza Dress
$360
would be SO embarassing if someone else wore this.

Lauren by Ralph Lauren Strapless Silk Dress
$220
HAH bad qual phot in the dressing room at Bloomys. I actually bought this as a blah safety.
BCBG Short Chiffon Trapeze Dress
$340
So delicate!

BCBG Long Satin Strapless Empire Waist Gown
$340
Hardcore prom.

AUGH. Yes I realize 3/5 of these are BCBG. IT JUST SO HAPPENS to be this way.
My only fear is wearing the same dress as some other girl--> so much wasted effort.

So? What you think?

4 comments:

  1. JOJOOOOOOOO!

    Mmmmraaahhhh I hate stereotypical prommy but that's me (of course). One of your pictures isn't showing up, but I Yes the short chiffon trapeze dress followed by the yellow, and then the strapless. But I have strange taste.

    Exciiiiiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The BCBG strapless organza is amazing! It'd look great paired with heels and an up-do!!!! I'm so excited to hear about people's dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Booo. I can't the ralph lauren strapless. Wahh, the organza looks intense. Hmm.. I seem to like the BCBG satin strapless. =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh everyone said something different.

    ReplyDelete